Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Poetry...

Sorry guys, Ana is being annoying. She is reading poetry from the good thoughts to me and I'm trying to ignore her but she wont leave me alone unless I post some of it on my blog about..um..beauty. So, um, I'm sorry but I'm doing this for my own sake... Ahem, here goes...enjoy.


12. What is beauty?--Not the show Of shapely limbs & features.--No; These are but flowers That have their dated hours, To breathe their momentary sweets & go. 'Tis the stainless soul within That outshines the fairest skin.

16. How beautiful is the rain!
After the dust & heat, In the broad & fiery street, In the narrow lane; How beautiful is the rain! How it clatters along the roofs, Like the tramp of hoofs; How it gushes & struggles out From the throat of the overflowing spout. --Longfellow (note from me: she mainly likes this one because of the name)

24. If you want a golden rule that will fit everybody, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.

No comments: