Friday, October 16, 2009

Just rantings about a horse and stuff....


I came home from a hot, trashy day out to ride me dear friend fred's horse:D. He had it all saddled up for me so that when I got home I just needed to change and hop on; that's exactly what I did. We trotted across soccer fields, galloped through cornfields....it was pretty awesome. She's super naughty though. Once she left the gate and I'm leaning all my "weight" on the reins and the old hag wouldn't stop till after a bit. I'm all flustered and scared and like "NO! Naughty horsie. tsk tsk." Did I learn my lesson? The answer is no. She did the same thing again twice and tried to knock me off by going under trees etc. Did I let her? Not this cowgirl, uh uh. No way. I manuvered her out of the bushes and off to the glorious corn field. Normally she's all scared of ditches, so we get to this ditch and we were gallopping, so I'm expecting her to slow down but noooooo. She leaps over the ditch and I almost fell off but daaaaamn it was awesome! I shall ride her again shortly:D

Update from October 17th:
I just found out from some horse nerds that what I was doing was cantering, not galloping...but who cares, it was awesome anyway

3 comments:

Laura said...

Lol, you are such a freak Flo!

Mare said...

I just absolutely love your picture, please tell me you made it all by yourself... :P

Anonymous said...

Hahahah awesome stuff. You are already sounding like a ranch girl...dont let it rub off too much on you, haha. :*